A prestudy is now underway to determine how best to resolve the technical challenges, how the desired product quality can be achieved and whether the project is economically sustainable.
The time plan given below is an approximation and also depends on factors beyond LKAB’s control.
Prestudy answers the question as to whether ReeMAP can be realised:
- Investment and operating expenses
- Product quality
- Pre-projecting (greater precision and level of detail for construction and investment)
- Investment decision
- Environmental permit application
- Permit and start of construction ReeMAP Industrial Park
- Permit and start of construction of apatite plants in Malmberget/Kiruna
- Full-scale production
Of course, to realise the project we must tackle a range of challenges successfully.